Volunteers play a critical role at HACCM: welcoming visitors to the museum, helping plan and coordinate exhibits and events, working with our collections, researching the archives, helping with special projects, and spreading awareness for our mission and services. We are always looking to connect with potential volunteers. If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below, or if you have a specific skill or area of interest, please get in touch today using the form below!
Sample volunteer opportunities:
- Museum docent/visitor services: Greet visitors to the museum and provide information about the organization, collection, exhibitions, and programs
- Photographer (collections/events): Attend HACCM exhibitions and events and document for publications, website, social media, etc.
- Oral history transcriptionist: Review automatically-generated transcripts of oral history recordings and edit for clarity and accuracy. Can be done remotely.
- Education and school tour support: Coordinate and lead school tours or visits to schools/senior centers. Support curriculum and program development.
- Public programs support: Work with the Programming Committee to research and facilitate educational, cultural, and other community events that help advance our mission.