The Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum (HACCM) gathers, preserves, and shares the Hellenic (Greek) American experience in Oregon and SW Washington.
The leading cultural organization and museum of its kind in the Western United States, each year thousands of people from the Portland metro area and beyond have been enchanted by HACCM during the annual Greek Festival and throughout the year.
Located on the second floor of the Fr Elias Stefanopoulos Center, it was created by its founders …
- To gather, preserve, and share knowledge of the Hellenic (Greek) American experience in Oregon and SW Washington, starting with the earliest immigrants and continuing into the future.
- To celebrate the rich cultural traditions brought to this region by Hellenes, and to honor the activities and accomplishments of Hellenic Americans.
- To establish a physical cultural center comprising at least a museum, research and lending library, bookstore, facilities for dance and singing activities, lecture and exhibit facilities, and a gathering place.
- To secure funding for developing and supporting the Center, and to identify its stakeholders.
- To facilitate sharing and passing forward the above among ourselves, to our future generations, philhellenes, scholars, schools, and others.