Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum (HACCM)
The Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum has a dedicated board, volunteers, and donors. The Executive Director coordinates the fundraising, communications, strategic planning, and board development of HACCM. The Executive Director prior to major implementing actions and procedures consults with the board to receive board approval.
Working with the organization’s board, the Executive Director oversees the implementation of the strategic plan, assures that the organization’s various cultural and educational programs are effectively marketed and produced, that administrative functions are efficient and effective, and properly developed, tracked, and meet budgets. The ED also serves as the primary spokesperson to HACCM’s patrons, the media, schools, and the general public. The HACCM ED is a strong, collaborative leader, skilled at creating and motivating solid teams of volunteers, a strategic thinker, able to see the big picture, while simultaneously assuring operational effectiveness to create success.
- Fundraising and Communications:
A major primary responsibility of the Executive Director position is to work with Fundraising and other HACCM committees and create a sound fundraising plan for each year to ensure the financial health of the organization.
A. Work with Fundraising and other HACCM committees and create a sound fundraising plan for each year, including strategies for engaging individual donors, corporate sponsors, government agencies and foundations by the end of the second quarter for the next year.
- Work with all the committees of HACCM to identify income in their budgets designated as coming from donations and grants by the end of the first quarter of the calendar year for the next year.
- Generate a list of potential donors for the income identified above by the end of the first quarter of the calendar year for the next year.
- Generate fundraising strategies for the income identified above by the end of the second quarter of the calendar year for the next year.
- Coordinate the execution of this Fundraising plan including the generation and submission of grant application.
- Assist with donor development and management.
B. Assist and support all board members, committees, in particular the Fundraising Committee, and key volunteers on task assignments to ensure the best results for a specific event and/or program.
C. Develop and maintain key donor, volunteer, and stakeholder relationships to assure the best possible participation level in the fundraising plan.
- Keep in touch with key donors and volunteers with regular quarterly reports on what is going on at HACCM.
- Assist with recruitment, training, and coordination of volunteers.
D. Cultivate donors, solicit donations, and steward donors effectively.
- Organize and complete direct mail appeals and other fundraising efforts as directed.
- Write the two semi-annual Fundraising letters and send them to all the HACCM supporters as directed by the Board.
- Monitor the supporters’ response to the Fundraising campaigns (electronic and others) and keep the donor list current (MailChimp and print mail).
- Mission and Strategy:
Provide leadership to the board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
A. Enhance HACCM’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, and private organizations.
B. Oversee implementation and marketing of HACCM programs and exhibitions to carry out the organization’s mission.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of Brochures, Facebook, Website and Social Media announcements and posts promoting new events and exhibits no later than a month before their start date.
- Coordinate the distribution of announcements for new programs and exhibits to the church print and electronic media no later than a month before their start date.
- Prepare and disseminate marketing, publicity, and public relations materials as directed.
- Maintain HACCM website, Instagram, and Facebook up to date and refresh them with new stories, posts, etc. from time to time.
C. Assist the board to conduct strategic planning to ensure that HACCM successfully fulfills its mission.
- At the start of each calendar year reviews the annual plans of each HACCM committee and General Administration and make sure they fulfill the HACCM mission and Strategic Plan.
- Each year initiate and coordinate the review of the Strategic Plan by the Board and update it with the changes approved by the Board.
- Board Governance:
Support the board in creating a strong culture and process that leads to effective governance of the organization.
A. Propose to the board procedures and recommendations that will assure a strong, effective governing
- Provide administrative and support to HACCM Board and committees
- Including scheduling and managing logistics for meetings and preparing materials.
B. Submit monthly reports to the Board containing budget adherence information, and all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed
- Submit quarterly budget reports to the Board with information on progress and advise on how to best stay within the budget.
C. Assist appropriate and regular board training, including fundraising training, to increase
- Organization and Operations:
Oversee and implement administrative planning to ensure that the operations of the organization are efficient, effective, and appropriate as directed by the Board.
A. Maintain fiscal integrity of HACCM, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and quarterly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Assist committees to generate an annual budget for the following year during the fourth quarter of the current year.
- Working with the Finance committee and the Treasurer to generate a budget for HACCM for the following year and get it approved by the end of the fourth quarter. of the current year.
B. Monitor fiscal responsibility that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Monitor the income and expenses against the budget each month and make appropriate recommendations to the Board aimed at maintaining the fiscal health of the organization.
C. Monitor those volunteers are properly recruited, trained, deployed, and thanked.
- Send Thank You letters to non-Board member volunteers assisting at the various events, exhibits and other projects.
D. Oversee effective facilities maintenance and operations.
- Manage regular museum opening hours.
- Manage incoming, outgoing and website communications.
- Be available to work flexible hours according to the needs of the organization.
A. Become informed and aligned with goals, objectives, and organizational structure in order to effectively assist HACCM in realizing its goal of becoming the premier museum and cultural center in the Northwest and beyond.
B. Other duties as may be assigned by the HACCM President.
None currently. Future staff may be added by the Board of Directors at the recommendation of the Executive Director.
HACCM President and/or Chairperson
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Three or more years successful nonprofit experience, including direct management of leadership volunteers, or equivalent.
- Ability to develop, oversee and successfully implement comprehensive fundraising and marketing strategies.
- Ability to create and manage budgets and ability to report financial findings to the board.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Commitment to the mission of HACCM and an ability to convey its vision to board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to work closely with the board of directors for the success of the organization.
Preference may be given to applicants who have demonstrated experience in museum and/or cultural center work.
Professional Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups.
- Strong public speaking ability
- Proficiency in general Office software, such as Word, Excel. Experience managing databases, such as Past Perfect and donor management systems, preferred.
- Ability to work a highly flexible schedule with frequent evening and weekend