Hellenic-American Cultural Center & Museum (HACCM)
PART TIME TEMPORARY OFFICE CLERICAL
Description & Details:
The Hellenic American Cultural Center & Museum is a nonprofit museum dedicated to the collection, preservation and sharing of the rich cultural heritage of Greek Americans in Oregon and Southwest Washington.
This position reports to the President and 1st Vice President.
It is expected that the office assistant become informed of the goals, objectives, and organizational structure in order to effectively assist HACCM in realizing its goal of becoming the premier museum and cultural center in the Northwest and beyond.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Flexible schedule excluding Tuesday’s. Must be available to work with Board Members schedule.
- Greet and answer questions with visitors.
- Organize maintain computer files, updating procedure manuals, update and maintain filing systems, organize gmail files
- Assist the Treasurer as needed, and other requests from Board members, etc
- Assist in organizing direct mail appeals and other fundraising efforts as directed
- Be available to work flexible hours according to the needs of the organization
- Learn and utilize the Past Perfect software working with the Curator
- Other clerical duties as assigned by the HACCM President, and 1st Vice President
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and discernment
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School degree or equivalent
- Attention to detail and strong organizational capability
- Excellent customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills, exhibiting a professional and courteous demeanor
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to work independently with little direction
- A strong interest in the museum
- Willingness to support the entire organization as needed
- Must be Windows computer literate, e.g. Microsoft Office
Status: Temporary Part time (potentially permanent) /Non-Exempt
Schedule: 15-20 hours per week
Supervisory: Reports to President / 1st Vice President
Compensation: $15.00 to $18.00 Based on Experience
Benefits: No benefits except for the Oregon State Sick Leave as required
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org